Code of conduct
Gaymers is dedicated to providing a fun, welcoming, and harassment-free experience for everyone, where our colourful members can chat, chill, and game.
This community will not tolerate the following behavior:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, pregnancy status, veteran status, political affiliation, marital status, body size, age, race, national origin, ethnic origin, nationality, immigration status, language, religion or lack thereof, or other identity marker. This includes anti-Indigenous/Nativeness and anti-Blackness.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, relationships, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering, using inappropriate pronouns, or use of “dead” or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual or group, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following - online or in the physical world.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of private communication.
- Jokes that resemble the above, such as “hipster racism”, still count as harassment even if meant satirically or ironically.
- Spamming or sustained disruption of discussion in both text and voice.
- Advertising or self promotion, including links to other Discord servers, funding pages, video channels, or other personal content.
If you have questions or concerns about these issues please feel free to message a staff member.
Certain channels have additional rules and guidelines that apply in addition to the global server rules. You can find these in the channel descriptions.
For your safety and the safety our of members, we ask that underaged users refrain from partaking in conversations that are considered NSFW including, but not limited to, pornographic material or sex. We also ask that underaged users refrain from disclosing their relationship status or attempt to seek a relationship on the server.
Applicability and Scope
This code of conduct applies to all of this community’s spaces, including public channels, private channels, and related direct messages, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the staff.
If you are having trouble with a member of our community, notice that someone else is, or have any other concerns, please contact the staff via the @Staff tags in chat, or via DM. If the person in question is on the staff team, they will not be involved in handling or resolving the incident.
The staff team will respond to any complaint as promptly as we possibly can. If you do not get a timely response (for example, if no staff are currently online) then please put your personal safety and well-being first, and consider logging out until a staff member is available.
This code of conduct applies to our community’s spaces, but if you are having trouble with a member outside of our community spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports by our members, especially the staff, seriously. This includes situations outside our spaces that took place at any point in time. The staff team reserves the right to exclude people from the community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside of our spaces and behavior towards people who are not in this community.
In order to protect staff volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
Every code of conduct violation report will be treated with seriousness and care. If a member’s immediate safety and security is threatened, an individual staff may take any action that they deem appropriate, up to and including temporarily banning the offender from the community. In less urgent situations, at least two staff will discuss the offense and mutually arrive at a suitable response, which will be shared with the offender privately. Whatever the resolution that they decide upon, the decision of the staff involved in a violation case will be considered final.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of our members or the general public. We will not name victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant breaks these rules, the staff may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the community and identification of the participant to other members. At the discretion of the staff, or by request, one or more of the parties involved may request to discuss the violation and how to avoid similar situations in the future.
Discord Community Guidelines
Along with our own code of conduct, we also adhere to the Discord Community Guidelines.
Acknowledgements and License
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Community Covenant and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.